The Idea of America Seminar
The Idea of America framework views U.S. history as an enduring "Great Debate." How do we balance the values Americans share—law and ethics, freedom and equality, unity and diversity, common wealth and private wealth? Colonial Williamsburg's new "Idea of America" seminars explore how these values have shaped our American identity and how you can apply them to the fundamental issues facing our nation today.
The program includes:
- Opening reception with a Nation Builder
- Colonial Williamsburg admission ticket
- Private tours with historical interpreters of selected sites where our founding
values were debated and shaped, including the Governor's Palace, Courthouse, George Wythe,
and Peyton Randolph houses
- Special tour of the Capitol building with a Nation Builder
- Closing private dinner at a tavern with music and entertainment
The session will take place on-site in Williamsburg on the following date:
- October 8–11, 2020
Per Person Cost:
- $1,450 for a single occupancy room
- $1,250 for a double occupancy room
- $550 for a spouse not participating in the seminar.
(Price includes three nights' lodging in the Colonial Houses, opening night reception and dinner at the Williamsburg Lodge, three Lodge breakfasts, two tavern dinners, and a length-of-stay Colonial Williamsburg admission ticket.)
- An $800 per person option that does not include a hotel room or breakfasts is available for commuters.