May 17, 2017
All-American Tea Parties Return This Spring and SummerThe 18th-century-inspired events are hosted by Mrs. Campbell at Christiana Campbell’s Tavern the first and third Saturday of each month beginning May 20 until August 19, featuring period etiquette lessons and Historic Area scavenger hunts
Colonial Williamsburg invites guests of all ages to take time to go back with its All-American Tea Parties the first and third Saturday of each month beginning May 20 until August 19. The events, hosted by Mrs. Campbell herself at Christiana Campbell’s Tavern, feature a special blend of tea and sippets of mid-day fare to be shared. Guests are encouraged to bring along their period-inspired dolls and partake in the midday festivities.
Greeted by Mrs. Campbell, guests are escorted to a private dining room for tea service. There, she offers lessons in 18th-century etiquette for young gentlewomen and shares stories of adventure set along Duke of Gloucester Street. After tea, guests young and old are invited to participate in a scavenger hunt inspired by the history of the American Girl® doll, Felicity, searching for items and locations around the Historic Area. Upon completion of the scavenger hunt, guests may redeem completed lists to receive a specially engraved cookie tray at the William Pitt store.
“We are excited to introduce the All-American Tea Party series at Christiana Campbell’s tavern,” said Mark Florimonte, director of Historic Area food and beverage. “Interactive events like these allow families to create lasting memories together at Colonial Williamsburg over period food, drink and merriment.”
An All-American Tea Party ticket includes:
- A bread course of sweet potato muffins, blueberry scones, raspberry soda bread, whipped mascarpone, lemon curd and clotted cream
- Tea sandwiches including ham and cheese with honey mustard, peanut butter and jelly checker board, American aged cheddar cheese sippets and chicken salad-stuffed croissants
- A dessert course of chocolate-dipped strawberries, mini walnut pie, coconut macarons, mini AMERICAN HERITAGE® chocolate chip cookies and wild berry fruit tartelette
- A special blend of tea—regular or decaf—and cider or chocolate milk
- Historic Area scavenger hunt
- Specially engraved silver cookie tray
All-American Tea Parties begin at 1 p.m. and last until 3 p.m. Tickets are $39.95 per person and are available at colonialwilliamsburg.com/tea-parties or by calling 855-296-6627, along with additional information, which is also available by following Colonial Williamsburg on Facebook and @colonialwmsburg on Twitter and Instagram.