Bring the past alive in your classroom
A variety of educational resources, including video, lesson plans, interactive learning games, content from the former Teacher Gazette enewsletter, and more are available in the Colonial Williamsburg Education Resource Library. Create a free account today.
Why use the Colonial Williamsburg Education Resource Library with your students?
- Contains background texts, primary sources, lesson plans, videos, interactive web activities, and more to provide teachers everything they need to teach a given topic.
- Can be used to teach American history from Jamestown to the Civil War, social studies, civics, and careers in history fields, with cross-curricular ties to language arts, science, math, art, and music.
- Contains 200+ resources, and new teaching materials will be added every month.
- Video programs have won 16 Emmy awards. All content is correlated to standards for all 50 states.
- Colonial Williamsburg’s Institute for Teacher Professional Development has 30 years’ experience creating engaging, high-quality materials by teachers for teachers.
- Searchable by keyword and browsable by era, theme, and subject.
- FREE to use!
A Note about HERO Live!
For 21 years, our Electronic Field Trips/HERO Live! broadcasts have been a cornerstone of our programming for teachers and students. Due to the changing use of technology in the classroom, the live broadcasts have been discontinued. However, the online, on-demand multimedia library of programming will remain available in the Colonial Williamsburg Education Resource Library as we continue to collaborate with our nation's finest educators to develop innovative, engaging, and effective professional development offerings in the future.
The Colonial Williamsburg Education Resource Library is supported in part by the William and Gretchen Kimball Young Patriots Fund and the Harry L. Kavetas Endowment for Education Initiatives. Development and production is underwritten through the generous support of Patricia and Peter Frechette of Minnesota.